Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Focus on Your Life's Journey And The Right People

If you don't know what you want, you are standing at a bus station going nowhere and nobody can sell you a ticket or take you on a journey - unless you are willing to take the next bus - in which case I'm it.
A man who doesn't know what he wants risks falling into the hands of a dominatrix or losing a conventional woman (as Miguel Cervantes said, Faint heart ne'er won fair lady.)
A man who says he doesn't want a purely sexual relationship is likely to repel the wrong type and attract the right type.
Women on adult sites are inundated, and like scammers and people selling you enhancements, anybody on the internet is over-run by emails from suspect sites of people offering instant sex, and/or asking for money.
If scammers and loonies are teaching you about avoiding trouble, or finding motivation that's good. I've found forums enlightening.
When it comes to talking on the phone or meeting people, what worries me is that you are known by the company you keep so I don't want nutcases to dilute my reputation and if I meet or date somebody if losers are their flatmates, colleagues or close friends or exes, I try to cut down on repeat conversation or avoid going on a second date/meeting.
Hope this helps clarify your thoughts.
I'm certainly looking for worthwhile friends and ultimately a permanent relationship with somebody who understands the confused and weak whilst staying focused and strong.
You might guess I've just been reading business books about motivation and leadership!
Today's addition to my repertoire is a book on leadership by John C Maxwell. He has written several books.

No comments: