Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, July 17, 2015

Four Wheel Suitcase by Karabar

The four wheel suitcase by Karabar is blue, as shown in the picture on their website and on eBay. (You can get cheaper four wheel cabin cases from the chain stores if you are prepared to have black.)

I was pleased it was blue. I had worried that maybe they showed blue in the picture but it was a stock photo. But it is blue. Not a nice blue. Sort of petrol blue which does not go with anything, not a nice royal blue, but at least I can recognise my suitcase, amongst the dozen on the shuttle bus to the plane, or be reminded to take it as I glass back and do my suitcase body count, accidentally counting my umbrella as an extra item and forgetting the carry on bag.


Handles
The handle pulls up tall. The material looks thin and flimsy, like paper, but the guarantee is for three years (which will cover stitching I suppose, but not holes made by your contents in the suitcase nor mishandling by baggage handlers.

The two handles on the top and side are almost flat, no padding. But you are pulling it along with the handle. But you do need the handle when going up or down a flight of stairs at home, at an office, in a power cut, at an airport, or a railway station.

Is it sturdy enough to carry a camera bag, large laptop computer or heavy bottle of wine? I think you would have to secure them with the internal straps - only attached to the flimsy looking liner, or wedge the contents between something else.
It was delivered by MyHermes.
www.karabars.co.uk

Angela Lansbury, travel writer, author, photographer, speaker.

No comments: