Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, October 22, 2022

Buying bargains and last minute item - and replacing lost luggage clothes

  A re-fash shop selling cheap second hand clothes is in Changi Point, one MRT underground railway stop away from Changi Airport.


Re-fash has an outlet at Changi Point, one MRT railway stop from the airport.   

Singapore
Singapore has re-fash. You can buy from them and sell to them. They have numerous outlets all over Singapore.
No cubicles but I could try on clothes over my own clothes in front of a floor length mirror.
The cheapest sale items seem to be mixed up with others. 

Sizes
Same goes for sizes, at this store. 
At another branch the clothes seemed to be separated by size, but an item I liked, but rejected initially because of the size label turned out to be stretchy when I tried it on and I bought it. 

Other countries have similar systems. If you want to find the nearest, check on local terminology. Australia and New Zealand have different wording.
You might like these.

Singapore



UK
Charity shops sells donated items. 
Charity Shops In London 
St Luke's. 
Nationwide UK Charity Shops
Barnado's
Oxfam
Other charities raise money for cancer or pets with their shops.

USA
Thrift stores.
Goodwill

Australia
Salvation Army - Salvo

Ski Wear in New Zealand
I was desperate for warm clothes at a reasonable price on a family skiing holiday in New Zealand. I had arrived short of essential items, a warm jacket, hat and gloves, long socks. The ski outlets on the slopes meant you had to get there in your non warm clothes and carry around the bulky items you had bought all day - with only one car key for the hire car between three of us.

Luckily, I had a half day to shop in town. I could not find what I wanted in regular shops. Not my price and my size. However, a charity shop offered loads of choice, at reasonable prices. Some of the clothes were not in good condition. However, when I found an item with a stain or tear or missing button, or the assistant noticed it when packing the time, I was able to negotiate a lower price. Unlike the UK, where you risk having items grabbed by the assistant who says, 'I can't sell you this'. 

Useful Websites

https://refash.sg/pages/offline-stores

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charity_shop

Please share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: