Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, May 19, 2014

Norwich Novelties - Puppets, People

Norwich Attractions - Daytime

The best novelty we passed was the puppet theatre in the church. 





Norwich Nightlife
We drove in along a street full of fast food nooks, discos, and bars with bouncers at the doorways. Later we took a booked cab home. Our cab driver informed us this street was reputed to have more crime than any other in Norfolk (or did he say East Anglia?)  We saw six policeman. The streets with thronging with dramatically dressed disco people, most of whom could be identified as male or female. I had seen four people on the streets in Cromer, but four outside every shop or nigh club on this street. For night life, Norwich is the place.

If you want restaurants, and sea food, I can only tell you about the one we sampled. Loch Fyne. It's part of a nationwide chain. I'd tried two other branches and seen several more.
I admit I was pleasantly surprised. 
You can reduce your calorie count as well as your bill if you opt for olives, which are half the price of the other starters.
Main courses: My companions looked for shellfish. I'm allergic to shellfish. I looked for salmon. Mine came up spicy. I don't usually like spicy. I eat salmon at home. But spicy made a change. Very good it was too.

Desserts - I was disappointed that the one I wanted was finished. However, very tangy lemon was tasty. Despite the cheesecake being the mousse kind, not the baked cake which I prefer, the effect was good.

The staff called us a cab. The cab company switchboard told where we were in the queue. About seventh. That meant a wait of about 15 minutes. 
We could have walked downhill to the taxi rank where several taxis were waiting. 


Lock Fyne fish - salmon with peppers

No comments: