Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Packing for cold and hot weather

Two colour, red and black, lightweight, wheel on suitcase. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

.I start packing for a trip two months in advance, usually in the wrong season. It used to be simple. 

Winter Clothes Packing

You pack your winter clothes in a suitcase, or two, or three, and put it in the attic. When winter comes, all your thin and sleeveless tops go into the suitcases. Out comes the thermal underwear and heavy jumpers and warm winter scarves.

Now I keep all my clothes around me. 

Packing For Hot & Cold Weather

But I also buy in the wrong season. I need some warm and some light clothing whatever the apparent weather at my destination. I know that I can find cold weather in summer, on top of a mountain, out at se, late at night, or indoors in air conditioning. 

I can also find warm places in winter, rooms with lots of people, a house where the thermostat has gone wrong and we are permanently overheated.

Charity shops and second hand stores are good places to look for out of season clothes. People give away items no longer needed. Next season they will buy new, or bury for their new size, having put on weight or, sometimes, lost weight.

Here is the story of an attempt to deal with some of these problems. Thrift Plus.

 Useful Websites

https://thrift.plus/our-story

Please share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: