Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, April 19, 2024

Travel with medicine - how do you keep it cool?

Mini ice pack the size of drinking glass. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.


A hotel in France had no fridge in the room, but the receptionist who also ran the bar offered to put my pills in the bar fridge. I declined, because I ran the risk of forgetting or finding the fridge was locked and the person with the key was on an errand, just when we were in a hurry to leave next morning. However, the car was so cold overnight, that we were able to leave the pills in the car which was safely locked away in an underground garage.

Insulated Lunch Box 

The latest comment I had on my appeal for suggestions on Face book was that you use an  insulated lunch box. This is what I do. I use a padded bag which is foldable so it is lightweight and can be compacted.

Cool Box

 Su Collins

Cool bag or see if it can be taken out of fridge for a period of time. 

If travelling by car all day, this works.

Add a Towel
Ron-Ethan Melamed
Keep it rolled up in a towel with an ice pack

Lorraine suggested a vacuum flask.

    Useful  

    Websites https://www.amazon.co.uk/mini-ice-packs/s?k=mini+ice+packs Please share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: