Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Surprising Secret Art Nouveau City in Serbia

 I had reached the letter S for Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia, languages sharing the Slavic languages written in Cyrrilic, like Russian. I, was delighted with my discovery of the Nicholas Tesla Museum in Serbia's capital, Belgrade. My search for landmakrs for my slides led me to the Western and Eastern gates , next on to Serbian tourism and architecture. Then I hit gold - art nouveau buildings in the less well known city of Subotica.





Art mouveau synagogue in the Serbian city of Subotica. 
The city is full of art nouveau. 

From Wiki exterior with sunny day colours. Author in Serbian Cyrrillic below. 
Ванилица

Subotica is north of Serbia's caital city, Belgrade, towards the border with Hungary.. 

Menwhile,  back on the web

check out





No comments: