Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Bargain Tuesday at Suruchi Indian restaurant - extraordinary value!

Indian Restaurant, Suruch. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.
 \\

Suruchi means happiness and that is what we felt at this Indian restaurant in London. Near Canonbury station.\

Pleasing Price

Firstly the price. On Tuesday, twenty pounds a person. (Minus 5 pence. Price in May 2024. Service/tip not added but optional.)

Decor

Suruchi tables with cloths. Photo by Angela Lansbury.


The placec is small but the decor is delightful Big orange and multicolour paintings.  Up comes

Candle on the tables. The man in charge immaculately dressesd. White cloths on the tables and white cloth apkins.

Drinks

I splurged an extra fiver on a mango lassi. 

We brought bottles of wine to match Indian food tne the restaurant supplied glasses. 

Unlike many places which offer liited choice in set meals, you seen to be able to order anything from the relevant section.

The setup for the bargain evening is you can order one starter, one main dish, a side of vegetabels, rice or naan, and that includes peshwari naan, my favourite.

Starter

I opted for a mied mea auderves.  Filling and good value.(My husband's choice was not as good.)

Main Courses

Candle, my pehswari naan, shared and swapped for half my husband's rice. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

Starters - Success, and Surprise

I enjoyed a mixed starter of meats.

Starter Warning \

My husband mistook bhel-poori, for poori. Pur or poori is a fist size iece of puffed bread like a aquahsed balloon, in which you place your suced or dips and food. But bhel-poori is puffed rice, tiny pieces, praswn size of ovel bits. I didn't like them and neighteh did my husband.  

I oped for chicken korma,which a creamy sauce. And a peshwaaari naan with a filling. My favourite. Instead of rice.

My side dish was aubergine, to make a change. (I usually have potato and spinach, aloo gobi, in Indian restaurants. The aubergine was chopped into dice sized piece. It did the trick.

No Desserts\

They don't serve desserts, which is probably good for my teeth.

Charming Chocolates

 But the meal does end on a sewwe not with a chocolate for each person in a gold foil wwrapper and white encasing. It tastes of chocolate orange.

We looked for a place for dessert and coffee on our way back to the station but passed. Just as well.

Leftovers Wrapped

No problem asking for food to be wrapped. A tin foil box appeared on the table for us to spoon in our leftovers thad the staff members helped. Up comes a plastic bag to hold the alinium box.

The toilet is on the ground floor. Small but adequate. Not sure how somebody three dress sizes larger than me would get past the door and basin. Just as well there was no dessert. After my meal, my loose skirt fits me like a glove.

I hope to go back. If I lived in the area, this would be my regular. My friends go there every Tuesday.

My husband sumarized, "For ninetten ninety nine we had a fest and soe leftovers.Extraordinry good value."

Please share links to your favourite posts

No comments: