Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Breakfast Travel Diet - I must avoid the almond croissant

My favourite snack is Costa's almond bake slice.

I've looked at snacks in Waitrose cafe and at Costa, as well as the freshly baked croissants and muffins in Tesco and Morrisons - and tea time scones with cream at Marks & Spencer to take home and divide between two people or two meals.

Croissants are the worst and if you look at recipes to bake your own you see why they are so calorific and taste so good. Full of butter. My other favourite is almond fillings and marzipan. Marzipan is basically ground almonds mixed with sugar, the amount of sugar varying from about 25% to 75%.

You are better off buying a sandwich - but the egg with mayo could contain more calories than the chicken sandwich.

As for bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese!

So I have to run to and from the shop in order to eat half a croissant. Anybody want to run with me and then share my almond bake?

We've started doing a daily calorie count in our family.

http://www.costanutrition.co.uk

No comments: