Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Happiness jar - holiday souvenirs? What do you collect? Souvenirs of the holiday, year, or day?

A friend on Facebook mentioned their Happiness jar. What a great idea. I must make a happiness jar. 

How about a travel memory jar, too. But it would be full of chocolate wrappers from restaurants. In the old days it was matchbook covers. That's just restaurants.

What about hotel souvenirs? If you are lucky you can get hotel pens with names. Or shower gels. (Too big for a jar. I used to collect travel brochures, maps and postcards. I used to send myself a postcard to get the stamp.

What do you collect?

I have a five year diary. It should be a happiness diary. 

I could add a happy saying, motivational quotation, or humorous quotation.

I could quote the family. Or write down a family joke.

In each country of the day I could write a proverb or saying.

I could go through the countries of the world and learn about a new country every day.
PS Jan 3
***
I looked up souvenir songs to see if I can find something happy. Souvenirs to Souvenirs sung by Demis Roussos is a miserable song about seeing reminders of a lost love. Is it any coincidence that his surname ends SOS! That was how I remembered the spelling of his name. I'll look for some happier songs - to cheer me and you.

You can see this post was written - but I've updated it later. Re-writing history. However, I'll create a new post under today's date - so read on subsequent posts.


No comments: