Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, June 10, 2022

How to appear at distant events with a time difference




How to appear at distant events with a time difference.

 The simple solution is to do a recording. If you prefer, have a photo of yourself on screen.



 I wrote this on Friday Jun 10th, on receiving the reminder from organizing chair Rahul Mehndiratta, about the Toastmasters International, District 80/ Div S, Achievers Day 2021, 10 am to 12 noon.

I checked time on timebie.com. The event is 3 am to 5 am UK time.


S For SUCCESS

S stands for Singapore, S stands for Success

And Division S, yes, yes, yes

In Toastmasters, we like to send

Great surprise starts and echoing ends 


Kipling said East and West could never meet

Poor Kipling had not heard of Zoom

We're busier than a crowded street

With screens in every country's room


I can't be with you, I'm fast asleep

But organizers don't frown and weep

Don't shake your head and tut and curse

I've sent my photo and written verse


I shall start with dear 'Chair' Rahul

A man who sees a glass half full

And organizes opportunity

For wakeful you and sleepy me 

(12.46 pm Friday)


How quickly can I be a poet

And help my fellow friends to do it?

How do you start, and end, and win it?

The secret, as always, is - just begin it


Just make sure that you can be heard

You can use a dictionary of rhyming words

Listen how the syllables are said

I link rhyme chains inside my head


I have blogspots on comic verse

I have a poetry workbook

I have blogspots on what I wear

Each day new colours, take a look

12.51 pm

And now I've told you what to do

I'd like to give some praise to you


We started with TMD Thomas Chen

He wins ribbons again and again

We also heard from winner Shuzen

Another notable DTM


Poh Kim Siong our honoured guest

Gave 3 Es and 3Cs in his (guest) address

We grew clubs with prize-giving Swarna Kalyan

Today, awards given by careful Koh Lee Siang


To make sure you don't go too far

You're timed by Ravindar Kumar

And zoom master Zeph Teo

A duo with Datta says, gosh - we must go.


Next Director will be our old friend Saddiq

Who always gets things done real quick

When I call up to ask Saddiq

He says, 'Yes, that was done last week'


Division S thinks we're the best

Yet there's much potential in the rest

By holding (out) hands we help do more

In District 80, Singapore.


(By Angela Lansbury PM5, EH5

VP PR of BHA and TCA

Former Area Director of S3)

Author of: Improve Your English 

Add Alliteration, assonance and rhyme (on Amazon)


Useful Websites

http://www.timebie.com/timezone/singaporelondon.php

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Improve-Your-English-alliteration-assonance-ebook/dp/

ebook and paperback plus postage (unless you are a paid up member of Amazon Prime which gives free postage included)

UK price ebook 15 pounds 21 pence, paperback 20 pounds sterling.  If you buy the paperback, when Angela is in the same country she can sign it for you and write a rhyming couplet on your name. If you buy the ebook, she can email or whatsapp a rhyming couplet on your name.

For BHA meetings I added an extra verse

Yenny is BHA's president

We and she agree her year was well spent 

She soothed our ills and taught new skills

A walking ad wherever she went.

No comments: