Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, June 5, 2022

Secrets of Suitcases, wheels and strong sides, and belts with holes to fit - our perfect purchases from Gogo

I had packed light in a ten kilo small size suitcase (cheaper than 20 kilos) checked in and only a handbag to carry on which both economised on our Ryanair flight from Stansted in London, England, to Pathos in Cyprus (the Greek-speaking side). However, after buying wine bottles, and clothes, we needed a larger suitcase for the return journey.

In Larnaca, we went to a Gogo suitcase and travel goods shop. The lady in charge showed us their range of suitcases. The cheapest Suitcases from 15 Euros for a small pull along bag, were only two wheels. We wanted four wheels. In fact, much of the time, we had pulled the bags along on two wheels going up and down between the car park and the Stamsted terminal. That might wear out two of the wheels and eventually make the suitcase tip to one side.) On level ground, your suitcase pulls along lightly on four wheels. If you have not packed over-full so the suitcase bulges and tips over with heavy front pocket.

She also explained that the cheapest of the bigger cases were plastic which is more likely to split/break. The dearer option is the PTFE, another stronger type of plastic (I though she said silicon.) The middle price were the expanding suitcases, which I prefer, which have a soft front where the second zip extends the suitcase forwards.

Spills?

I would prefer to have liquids, such as wine, as well as food, completely separate, with solid souvenirs, packed away from clothes, in another suitcase, or carry on luggage.  

The Gogo shop

The Gogo shop has their own brand of goods. Suitcases. Bags. Belts.

My Red Belt's Holes

I bought a red leather belt to co-ordinate with my red leather and imitation sandals. The red belt also goes with my red (synthetic) shoulder/handbag. But what about the holes.

Making More Holes

I tried the belt and could see it was too big. In a department stores, often if you ask for an extra hole in a belt, they glare or shrug. 

I asked the lady if she could make more holes to fit me. She produced a hole punch from under her desk. She measured the distance apart of the holes. She tried the various punch sizes on the rotating ring so the holes were matched in size as well as large enough for the buckle spike. 

My husband said he could have made holes. We have tried this before. It works. But I would have to wait to wear it. DIY back home with a pen knife, scissors, in awl, takes longer, and could cause an argument between us. Besides the holes would have been less regular in shape. A cut risks splitting the belt. 

I had taken a photo of all the belts in case I wanted to go back for another. This was good, because I looked and could not see orange. Which stopped me worrying about it. 

Later in Nicosia I saw another Gogo shop. Interestingly, the suitcase styles, sizes and patterns, were completely different. So it is worthwhile shopping around from city to city.

Useful Websites

https://www.facebook.com/gogotravelgoodscy/

I was pleased with what she did, willingly, at no cost. I should have had one more hole, more than I thought I needed for the trousers with a shirt tucked in. Later, on a thin dress, the belt was slightly loose.

Useful Websites

https://gogotravelgoods.com/

No comments: