Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Why and How To Pack towels and swimsuits for possible swimming

I like to have a swimsuit with me on holiday, even if I am not expecting to go swimming. You might stop for lunch at a hotel with a pool. In Cyprus we went on a morning walk up to see a waterfall. 

At the top was a flat area where a girl who lived locally donned a swimsuit and waded forward and stood under the cold showing waterfall. They had travelled by car, so no problem with transporting a towel. 

Several people wanted to be photographed in the pool. I don't stand in running water in case of currents. However, many people like to do so.

On day trips to the beach, i sometimes try to pack a thin towel of the sort which is quick dry, just to dry my feet when paddling in the sea, or getting wet feet from unexpected waves on the beach.

I have also looked into adding velcro to turn a thin towel into a wrap around skirt or strapless dress. A towel dress with shoulder straps is more secure. I have also made a swimming pool throw-over by cutting a slit in the middle of an old, thin towel. You can buy towelling dresses.

I pack with my swimsuit and night dress in a handy place on top of my suitcase. On arrival at a hotel I ask what time the pool closes. I might want to rush to the pool before evening dinner.

 When I was a teenager in the late 1960s, I went on a holiday with a fellow student to Greece, Turkey and Israel. I travelled in a bikini. It acted as bra and pants. I showered in it. I swam in it. No need to undress.

After the swim, we would sit in the sun. The bikini was cotton and dried quickly. 

In countries requiring a one piece costume, you need another solution.

Kaledonia Waterfalls, Cyprus.

 1The solution is to have a large towel which somebody else, family or friend, can hold.

2 If you are alone, you could change behind a large umbrella.

3A wrap around skirt is another solution.

4 Or a wrap around dress.

5 Or a sarong.

Please share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: