Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Hays Galleria, London Bridge station


Exit from London Bridge station (Jubilee and Northern lines), cross the road on the crossing to Hays Galleria, only a few steps to your right. Inside Hays Galleria in a glass covered courtyard surrounded by several cafes with indoor and covered 'outdoor' seating, and market stalls surrounding the grand central sculpture. From the centre you can see out over the river to landmark buildings such as the Gherkin. 


The Cafe options include Costa coffee to your right and Cafe Rouge to your left. I saw no signs to public toilets and the people I asked told me to try the cafes. I went into Costa Coffee and decided to stay there and two of us had coffee and cake. 
I have now looked on google maps and found toilets marked in front of Boots the Chemist which is immediately left as you are at the start of the Galleria.

Shopping? I looked at shoes on sale in a shop. Then I browsed a kiosk selling watches from £5 for fancy, decorated dress or novelty watches; £15 for practical watches with date and alarm, seemed a good buy.

(See my earlier post about the Gherkin, the number of steps and climbing the steps for charity, and information on the Gherkin and dining and weddings there.)

More Information
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hay%27s_Galleria

Angela Lansbury, BA Hons, AG CL,  travel writer, author, speaker.


No comments: