Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Vivat Bacchus near London Bridge, for kangaroo burger


Large, jolly, and candle-lit at night.  Here is my kangaroo burger served on a wooden platter with thick cooked chips.


My companion opted for the fish dish. No potatoes with this. You can order a side dish of potatoes. But the ones which came with my kangaroo burger were copious enough to feed two of us (both weight watchers). 

KANGAROO BURGER
Kangaroo burger? I wasn't keen on the idea of eating kangaroo. I like kangaroos. It was much the same as any other burger.


My burger was dry. I thought it was overcooked. When the waitress came to ask was everything all right I said, 'I thought it was overcooked'. She retorted indignantly, 'No! Everything is freshly cooked'. She had a foreign accent. My companion and I spent some time arguing over whether or not she had misunderstood. I said I thought she must have understood me to mean reheated. My companion argued that she had understood perfectly.

I was too polite to say this again to the charming manager/ head waiter. We had a lovely chat with him about Italy and he recommended making a drinking 'tea' from onions and hot water.

This was our second meal at Vivat Bacchus. The previous time we were very happy and wanted to eat there again. This time we were not happy and did not want to eat there again. As they have two branches, and we have had two different experiences, you might want to try for yourself. 

The best part was the yummy trio of desserts. my dining companion found them too sugary and heavy. I did not find them too sugary. Nor too heavy. I thought they were yummy.
Vivat Bacchus Restaurant and Wine Bar
www.vivatbacchus.co.uk
info@vivabacchus.co.uk
londonbridge@vivatbacchus.co.uk

Farringdon
47 Farringdon Street
London EC4A 4LL
020 7353 2648

London Bridge
4 Hays Lane
London SE1 2HB
020 7234 0891

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. 

No comments: