Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, March 14, 2016

On a different time zone - how to schedule delivery tomorrow

I am often on a different time zone to other members of the family. I don't want to keep them away by instantly replying to something they sent me at midnight their time. I can think of many uses for delayed messages. Ordering a cab home. Telling people you are back in town when you are too jet lagged to call arriving at 5 am.

So I googled schedule emails - with my preferred email sending service.

The answer I got was that I could have a free service for just one or two messages, or a premium service if I wanted to send a large number of messages on a regular basis (for example for a business or club).

You can delay messages being sent from your outbox. You can use Google Scripts. I found it quite complicated. I thought it would be just the click of a button like picking a date to schedule a blog post. But it seems you must methodically working through half a dozen instructions, like HTML, basically a mixture of English language instructions and little symbols. If you can cope with text messaging, algebra, washing machine symbols, you can probably do this. I'm sure when you have time and are alert you can do it.

http://www.labnol.org/internet/schedule-gmail-send-later/24867/
http://ctrlq.org/code/19716-schedule-gmail-emails

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker ,

No comments: