Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, October 24, 2016

How to Make Better Halloween Photos With Supermarket Cutouts



In Waitrose I saw a Halloween cut-out where you could insert your face for photos. I saw a mother take a picture of her child. Naturally I wanted to try this out as well.

If there are two holes, you need two people to be photographed. the lower picture is the height for a child, the smaller of two, or child beside parent.

Somebody parked their trolley next to the cut-out. I moved the panel to escape the trolley and make room to get behind the panel. Unfortunately, with only me in the picture, nothing appeared in the other cutout. This allowed the lower cutout to reveal somebody behind placing their cup on a table in the cafe.

My family offered to re-touch the photo to insert my photo in the other cutout oval.

I am smiling in the picture. It is supposed to be spooky Halloween. To get the suitable effect, you need to pull a scary face in the ghost cut-out. Perhaps buying a mask from Waitrose - or, dare I say it, from Morrisons or Tesco.

What I really liked about this cutout was the two movable parts. The spider goes up and down beside the ghost face cut-out as you turn the handle. Under the witch face cutout the arm holding the long spoon dips into the cauldron. When I saw the video after I got home, I realised that I am looking the wrong way, to the right of the picture, because I am standing on the left behind the ghost, leaning down to the other witch cutout. I should have been looking into the middle of the picture as if it my arm was stirring the cauldron.

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.
See my earlier post on the Halloween cut-out at Morrisons.

No comments: