Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, October 21, 2016

Pumpkins and Papples at Cobbs Farm Shop



We visit Cobbs Farm Shop on our way to the Harrow at Little Bedwyn where we eat at least once a year. Cobb Farm Shop is always crammed with interesting things to eat and buy.

Pumpkins provided at eye catching display this autumn.

They also had a table of pumpkins to buy, classified by size. Drop them on the hole to find the size.


Want to practise carving pumpkins and raise money or give money to charity. Here's one of their posters to inspire you.

Pumpkin carving event 24th-28th October 2016. The pumpkins are 'Home-grown from farm to shop. You won't find them fresher,' their leaflet says.

P A P P L E S
Among the novelties I saw were p a p p l e s. I have had to insert spaces because the keen spell checker keeps rushing to change the word back to apples. I looked up p a p p l e s and found they are apples, which look like apples, but taste like pears with the usual juiciness of pears.

I didn't buy them on this visit. They seemed a bit expensive. However, if you need something to take to tea or dinner at a friend's or to give to a friend, especially 'somebody who has everything', this could be the answer.

We bought several vegetables and bottled products. I signed up for their loyalty card last time we visited. I took it out of my pocket when I went on my last overseas trip. However, the Cobbs Farm shop had my details on their computer and were happy to give me my loyalty discount so I was very pleased.

The complex also contains various areas, the Café, a batcher, a fishmonger, delicatessen, florist, vineyard, PYO (pick your own) and Play Barn.

Cobb Farm Shop and Kitchen
Bath Road
Hungerford
Berkshire
RG17 OSP
Tel:01488 686 770
email cobs@cobbsfarmshop.co.uk
www.cobbsfarmshop.co.uk

No comments: