Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Twelfth Night - Which Night

I've been puzzling over Twelfth Night. When I counted from Christmas eve, Dec 24th, I ended up on Jan 4th. Counting from Christmas Day, Dec 25th, you end up on Jan 5th, last night.

Three Kings Parades, in Spain
On Facebook I saw a picture of the Three Kings parade in Arrecife. Where is Arrecife? In the Canary Islands, a region which is part of Spain.

I recall staying with my parents in Marbella, Spain. We consulted the local English language papers such as Sur, which is a current newspaper in Spain, and local shopkeepers, and learned about a parade at a village along the coast towards Gibraltar and drove there to see it.

I previously consulted Wikipedia and found some countries have a parade on the evening of the 5th, others celebrate more on the 6th.

I'm off to remove my Xmas decorations. They are now in the way as I am back to work. Holiday over - but glad those who are still on holiday have had entertainment.

Angela Lansbury

No comments: