Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Why read local papers? Dengue Fever and Mosquitos.

Why read local papers - to find out about fun activities but also about safeguarding your health. I just heard from a relative in Singapore that the health inspectors called this morning to check any vases, saucers or items on the balcony or in the house with standing water.

I had read in the local paper that there were 500 cases of dengue fever which is carried by mosquitos which breed. One case had recently happened in the next block to where my relative was renting a flat.

You usually hear the droning of the the machines spraying mosquito killing vapour over the ground floor level once a week. You may see mist rising.

The first time it happened when I was in a block in Singapore I thought it was a fire. I phoned the concierge and they told me it was 'fogging'.

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: