Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Easter Was Not Just Eggs - How Waitrose Rose To the Occasion: Eggs, Poachers And Assorted Chocolates



Problem
What kind of egg or gift can you buy? I love big, hollow chocolate eggs. I love small Cadbury's chocolate creme (sic) eggs. But each year I, as a consumer, hope to find something different. I hunted all over the internet yesterday. But I found more when I went into Waitrose to see what they stocked.
By mi-afternoon on Easter Monday, some prices were already discounted. What did I find?

Answers
Here are my favourite novelties:

Eggs of All Sizes

Giant Eggs
What for? too many calories for one person or even a couple to eat at once. That would last a week, or until next Easter, or could be eaten by a family or group at a party. I great centrepiece for the table.

Tiny Eggs
Tiny eggs, you could have one after every meal with coffee and spin them out all week. Scatter them across the table. Or pass them around in a bowl at coffee time.  Give one to each child. Or adult.

Eggs Of All Flavours:


1Dark Chocolate

2 Milk Chocolate

3 White chocolate

4 Mint Chocolate
After Eights. Mint chocolate egg plus After Eights.

5 Plus plays on words. MaltEaster.

Real Eggs
What if you don't want chocolate, but real eggs, from hens, for breakfast? Proper protein to start your day. Tired of boiled eggs? For a change, how about poached eggs?

A pair of egg poachers for the microwave. I thought the £5 price tag might put my family off. Unfortunately, my family members weren't buying egg poachers at any price. They retorted, "You can't cook eggs in the microwave."

I thought, "Of course you can. Waitrose is selling an egg cooking devices." I must try out a poached egg in a deep dish in a microwave and see what happens.

Meanwhile, back in the store. How to keep children occupied? Anything which could last all year?

Craft Kits
Here's something for children, or grannies. Or children and grannies. Egg cosies of felt. It looks like you make them up yourself by sewing them together. Only £3. Then you have a keepsake. Or gift for granny.

Amusing.

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. Please share links to your favourite posts.


No comments: