Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Find My Car!

Problem
Where's my car in the airport car park?
Has it been stolen - or am I just in the wrong car park section?
Has my son borrowed the car when I told him not to?

Answers
Lost In Car Park
I recall several occasions when I have lost a family car. Once at Disney in the USA. Once in a shopping mall which turned out to have car parks at either end. I had walked the length of the mall, gone up in the lift (elevator) and my car had vanished.

On another occasion, I could not find my lime green car. Eventually, when I got through to my son on the phone, he pointed out that we had gone shopping in his car, which was grey.

Tracking Stolen Cars
A car tracer sounds a good idea. Firstly for tracing your car if it's been stolen. I've heard of people who tracked their stolen car. Then they went and retrieved it.

Tracing Destinations
Secondly, for checking where family are when they are lost and satnav won't get them home - or they weren't on their way home but to some other destination.

Cost?
What's the cost? The link I just found is for a one-off payment of $99. No ongoing rental or fee.

However, before buying anything, I always check around to see if it's cheaper on Ebay and Amazon, with Paypal or a reliable seller. Ebay rates the seller. Amazon gives more feedback on the product.

Useful Websites
http://techiefans.com/how-to-use-your-smartphone-to-track-your-vehicle-eu/?IM=A02C&TT=T03&utm_term=009701429222c9bc47cd33613ffb29ffaa&sid=BBC+News&pid=BBC.com%2FNews&otbxid=7fbfcfd52a29ab4175adf2899496799a-0058d15c2acaeac7646ad8533211879053&sxid=3j4d57688r5o

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/best-find-my-car-apps/

No comments: