Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

What Might Help Your Painful Heel

Problem
I had painful heels, most specifically my right heel. I self-diagnosed and went to a UK GP for confirmation. After being stuck indoors for a month in the UK during snow the problem cured itself. 

However, I had two pieces of advice. One was from the GP to use a rolling pin under my foot. 

Back Pain
I had a painful back and she said it was referred pain from my neck, and she recommended using a backpack instead of a heavy bag carried on one side. So the two problems were related, leaning to the right. I often sit with my right arm resting on the desk as well, as my family observed.

Look at other people sitting at desks in offices at work and at home, at benches in restaurants, or walking along the street. You can see straight away that some people lean to one side or lean forward, putting strain on one side of the body. 

If you have a problem, see your doctor. But you may be able to prevent a problem, or stop it getting worse, by checking your own posture and that of your family.

I have an additional problem from years ago. My collar bone which broke in a pedestrian accident in Corsica never set properly.  

New Tennis Ball
I asked a friend who had an old tennis ball in his car if I could have an old tennis ball. He said, "Not that one. I throw it to the dog to bring back, so it's been in the mud and in the dog's mouth. I'll give you a new one."

The tennis ball has not had much use because I seem pretty much cured. However, if I get worse again, I know the different people to approach, their likely answers, and objects which might help.

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: