Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, August 13, 2023

Buon Apps Italian restaurant in Yorkshire

 

Buon Apps restaurant, Yorkshire. Photo by Angela Lansbury.

Buon Apps is Italian short for good appetite a good wish before eating. The restaurant is on two floors beside the gushing river at the weir. Down stairs you can eat indoors, in the covered glass sided conservatory, or outdoors. Upstairs is more seating, and a cosy, modern bar with armchairs.

We started with French fries and deep fried zucchini, zucchini fritti.  Zucchini is also called courgette.

I had a glass of Prosecco at an affordable price.

My main course was a chicken salad with a boiled egg. The cooked chicken said spicey and I am not into spicey.

The pork casserole ordered by another diner came with potatoes so we were able to share the potatoes.

My dessert was a hard pastry tube containing what seemed like cream or cream cheese. My Italian friend told me that's how it is supposed to be. I think I would have preferred the lemon cheese tart which she ordered.

The atmosphere was lovely. Jolly. Three birthday groups. Busy downstairs and upstairs. 

Buon App Restaurant is on the river Wharfe at Otley in Yorkshire. Plenty of parking outside. Children's high chairs. Ground floor toilet accessible to the wheelchair user, bigger than the upstairs cubicles, and with a bunch of flowers on the windowsill.. 

Useful Websites

https://www.buonappsotley.com/

Please share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: