Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Fancy Dress and Flags

 

Angela Lansbury in sequin dress in Union Jack, British flag, design, with co-ordinating hat.

I wore this for a second year running at an annual conference, Writers' Summer School at the Hayes Conference Centre, Swanwick, Derbyshire, England. My outfit was popular. Half the people were different from last year and had not seen it before. I got lots of compliments and raised eyebrows and smiles.

The Wig
The wig is also in red, white, and blue.

The British people say fancy dress party. Americans say, a costume party. 

I did not wear it for the fancy dress party but for the last night dress up night. People asked me why I did not enter the fancy dress contest with it. The theme was fairy tales. I could not think of a fairy tale containing a Union Jack. I should have worn it anyway. When asked what was the fairy tale, I could have replied, "I don't know. I haven't written it yet. If you have any suggestions, please tell me!"

Useful Websites


I like this version with sleeves, if you are willing to spend about 23 pounds and something pence.



Some reviews said the fabric ones were light weight or nearly see-through, but fine over a white tee shirt or underwear. Good for a one night event.

Useful Websites

Please share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: