Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, August 25, 2023

Singapore Airlines Flights - feedback


 I took a 13 hour Singapore Airlines flight. Afterwards I wanted to give feedback. In the old days you filled in a form on board and wondered whether the crew would open it, read it, and destroy it if they did not like what they read. Nowadays, you can go online after landing - or even midair. 

I waited until after landing. I did not want to look like a nutter sending updates every five minutes.

I made my report as soon as possible, to be sure I had not forgotten anything.

But before I could start, I needed to logi with the flight number, date, and departure airport. Another reason to do the rport as soon as you can, whilst your details are handy.

How can you keep track? Photograph your boarding pass. Photograph your luggage tag before removing it. Note the date and time or your flight in your diary. 

Write your airline loyalty number in your diary or your vital Information Notebook/file, or email folder, or mobile phone notes.

Compliments

1 The meals were good. The O Brien ice cream was good. (Although it seemed runny around the edges.) The solid bread is a huge improvement on the old flabby buns. 

2 The inflight sandwiches were great.

3 I was glad to see the notice about the toilet basin surface being treated with antibiotic. 

4 It was useful to be reminded that the wastebin alongside the toilet can be operated by a foot pedal.

5 The music choices were great - lots of Country music.

6 The documentary films were good. I watched the discovery of Richard III in Leicester, and Amy Winehouse, and Changi prison series


Complaints

I am allergic to shellfish and the starter contained prawns. 

I had looked at the meals in advance and checked no shellfish was in the main meals. Somehow I did not see prawns in a starter. Perhaps it was not mentioned because there was no choice. I hope they will check that any shellfish in the starter is listed on the website.

I think there should be a choice of starter.

I told the crew that I was allergic. No alternative was offered. I felt the staff should have found me something, or offered something, either from another class, or a salad, or an apple, or a vegetarian sandwich, or even a glass of orange juice or tomato juice. 

I offered it to my husband, but he had had the same starter in premium economy. He also had prawns in his book the chef main dish. He shoulf not have had prawns twice in one meal. 


Suggestions

IN FLIGHT FOOD 

The system should keep a note of the fact that I am allergic to shellfish (crustaceans and molluscs), although salmon, smoked salmon, plaice and cod etc are fine for me. 

 I was not keen on the potato gnocci and would rather have had potatoes. 

I think the three meal choices should include one rice, one pasta and one potato.

Having Jacob's cracker and a piece of cheese after both meals was repetitive. The cheese was good. Maybe a different cracker and a different cheese.

IN FLIGHT FILMS 

I would like a link to all factual films. I also like true crime, murders solved, criminals caught.

FEEDBACK FORMS 

Allow two mobile numbers in this form. Having flown from one country to another, I am on a different number to the one which the system recognizes.

On this form I got stuck on the wording of the city of departure and arrival. I tried entereing what was on the boarding pass, including LHR and Changi. No luck. I tried just the city name for both. No luck. Finally my husband managed to type slowly and bring up the drop down box which turns London to London UK and  Singapore into Singapore Singapore. Maybe add the instruction, click on triangle for drop down box.

Useful Websites

https://www.singaporeair.com/feedback-form/

Please share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: