Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, August 7, 2023

When Locked Out of your hotel room or conference centre bedroom



 I got locked out of a hotel bedroom. I had left the key card in the light switch. I didn't realise until I returned to my room late at night. I tried the emergency number and got a request to leave a message.

A friend let me into her room. She went back to reception for me and was told the night manager would be on the desk at eleven, about a quarter of an hour later.

My friend and I had a jolly chat. Then I left all my heavy computers and bags in her room and went back to reception in another building. The night manager programmed me another key.

My friend told me that when she had checked in the lady on the desk told her that any plastic cards shaped like the key card would operate the lights so you could keep the doorkey in your best pocket or in your identity card on the lanyard around your neck.

Another guest told that works in some hotels, not others, not all. But it is worth a try.

The good news is that I had a lovely long chat with my acquaintance who became a friend. Next time I shall pause and check the light switch for the key every time I leave the room.

Please share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: