Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, December 5, 2014

Autographs Hunting For Travellers at Signings, events and travels, famous, infamous and friends

The Xmas tree in Hatch End, Pinner, NW London, was lit by sporting hero John Conteh, British former boxing World Champion, centre. (To his right are councillor Jean Lammiman and her husband who is another councillor. To John's left is Peter Jacques, former restaurant owner in Hatch End, member of Toastmasters International club HOD which meets in Harrow. To the far right of the photo is Andrea, owner of Fellini Caffe - at the heart of Hatch End. )

Incidentally, John Conteh was the light heavyweight champion, which sounds like an oxymoron. 

Remember to get yourself in the picture. Here I am. Peter has kindly offered to take my photo.



COLLECTING AUTOGRAPHS
I asked John Conteh to sign my autograph book. He signed lots of autographs for fans and autograph collectors. My autograph book was a last minute thought. I grabbed it on the way to meet him. Luckily it was in the place I remembered, far right of the lower shelf of the bookcase. A place for everything and everything in its place saves time when you are in a hurry.

I must remember to take my autograph book to book signings and on holidays. I could collect chefs and restaurant owners, too. Then I will have a record in one place of all the interesting people I have met on my travels, as well as quotations.



Here's another souvenir from an event, this time the man has promoted himself by giving me a signed photo of himself.


In Hatch End you can see photos of famous visitors, with their signatures and goodwill messages, on  the wall of Sea Pebbles fish and chip shop and restaurant.

You can buy autograph books in bookshops and at festivals.



You can also buy autograph books online. You can buy them with different coloured covers, such as red, or blue, or green, with padded covers to protect them when travelling and carrying them in your pocket, for about £3 including postage. A good Xmas present for children or teenagers or sports or music fans.

 Or make your own autograph book, but you need thick paper.
I must have had an autograph book as a child. I remember the messages which were popular. By hook or by crook I'll be first in this book. Somebody else would write: By hook or by crook I'll be last in this book. 
You could use the book to collect signatures from family and friends at your Xmas party every year. You could also ask people to write their favourite proverb or advice and draw something to illustrate the saying, such as a spider for persistence.


No comments: