Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, December 5, 2014

Autograph Hunting and The Xmas Tree Lighting In Hatch End with John Conteh, boxing champion

The tree was it by sporting hero John Conteh, British former boxing World Champion, centre. To his right are councillor Jean Lammiman and her husband, councillor John Hinkley. To John's left is Peter Jacques, former restaurant owner in Hatch End, member of Toastmasters International club HOD which meets in Harrow. To the far right of the photo is Andrea, owner of Fellini Caffe which is diagonally across the road behind them - at the heart of Hatch End. 

Incidentally, John Conteh was the light heavyweight champion, which sounds like an oxymoron. 

I asked him to sign my autograph book. He signed lots of autographs for fans and autograph collectors. My autograph book was a last minute thought. I grabbed it on the way to meet him. I must remember to take my autograph book to book signings and on holidays. I could collect chefs and restaurant owners, too. Then I will have a record in one place of all the interesting people I have met on my travels, as well as quotations.



No comments: