Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Moscato Wine From Austrlalia - if there visit the vineyard


What's Moscato? Is it the musket grape, my favourite, a guarantee of a great sweet dessert wine to go with my pudding and coffee? The wine looks pink and it tastes deliciously sweet - very more-ish. I'm watching my wine intake, because it's lunch time, I might drive later, and I would like to stay awake the rest of the day and, besides that, I am on a diet. All wine contains calories and sweet wine even more so. The words Innocent Bystander are embossed on the glass of the half bottle. Yes, it's a half bottle. On the back label it says375ml. That's half a bottle. Next to that information, before that, is the news that it's only 5.5% vol (alcohol). That's more than some beer but less than most wine.

In small letters above the word Moscato the label on the front of my bottle says Victoria 2013.


This wine is made from Gordo and Black Muskat 'from the old vine Muscat vineyards situated along Victoria's Murray River' says the label on the back.


Having decided I like the wine, my next question is, can I visit the vineyard for tea and tasting, or lunch and tasting and shopping for souvenirs?
Yes. According to the website, they serve food, organise wine tastings, and sell tee-shirts for men and women. If you are outside Australia you can get on their mailing list for news. If you are in Australia and have made a purchase you can get even more offers. 

If you want to visit the vineyard, it's north east of Melbourne. More about Healesville and Melbourne Cemetery in my next post.

Innocent Bystander
336 Maroondah Hwy
Healesville
Victoria 3777
Australia
www.innocentbystander.com.au

Imported (to the UK) by
Liberty Wines
London SW4 6LY
UK
www.libertywines.co.uk

Angela Lansbury is a travel writer and author. See books of comic poetry and quotations in Lulu.com.
Angela Lansbury B A Hons, a former English teacher and tutor, also gives talks and workshops, speech-training and speeches. 


No comments: