Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Cruises: balconies, cabins, excursions, tips and travel sickness


CABINS
I've thought of chaining rooms in a hotel, or asking to see two or three rooms, then picking the one I prefer. At least if you look at two or more, you will be more satisfied with your own room if you know there's no better option.

DRUNKS & FALLING OVERBOARD
The figures and conclusions about falling overboard are intriguing as well. I'd always puzzled over the deaths by falling overboard of Barny Barnet and Robert Maxwell. I'd suspected they were pushed. However, reading about the number of drunks and suspected suicides falling off ships, I now feel that drink is a larger factor to consider. Prevention is better than cure. Don't get drunk and make sure your companions are sober.

EXCURSIONS
Very useful points to consider when booking. I have to admit I'd prefer to pay more for the ship's own excursion which guarantees to get me back on time, rather than save £10 and risk losing £100 or even £1000 flying on to meet the ship at the next port.

As for the remark about the police being more interested in protecting the tourist industry\s reputation than solving the crime, I've heard that accusation made in high profile murder cases and had previously dismissed it. Suddenly, I see links everywhere, and understand that you can't rely on the police being interested in the welfare of the tourist, when all of them or a few of them or even one of them is more closely attached to their own neighbourhood, workplace or country.

The comments from readers at the end are also interesting.

http://www.destinationtips.com/cruises/16-things-cruise-lines-never-tell-you/?utm_content=119e48&utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=16+Things+Cruise+Ships+Keep+Hidden+from+Customers+-+52561485&utm_campaign=OUT+DST+9930+16-things-cruise-lines-never-tell-you-desktop&utm_term=5425786


No comments: