Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, August 12, 2016

Amateur Dramatics - Plant Your Video Friend In The Audience

If you are giving any kind of performance, such as a speech or amateur dramatics, a musical, pantomime, college play, get a picture or video. I performed in Swanwick at Writers' Summer School in Page to Stage. I had not thought to ask a friend to take photo with my camera or hers.

She took one a couple of photos but was not sitting near the front. Here is the result. I am on the left of the picture with my hair in pig tails, acting as the young mistress of a man dying in hospital because of a nut allergy.

The reason I am slightly blurred is that I was moving and the light was dim.

You could also video a dress rehearsal.

Alternatively, if it is a short scene, 5 minutes or less, re-enact it afterwards whilst you are still wearing your stage clothes and wigs and stage make-up. That way those friends who are too ill or tired to attend, or those in your family at home, can enjoy seeing it.

Here are our group's post production photos.




Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: