Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, August 18, 2016

What To See And Do At Heathrow Airport and the World's Best Airport, Changi, in Singapore.

Heathrow airport has improved, with interesting pictures showing the development of the airport and famous people passing through, such as HM The Queen, and the Beatles.


When I searched the internet I found an article on exhibitions of sculptures representing runners and others at the UK Olympics; also a webpage seeking exhibitors for future presentations.
http://www.moodiedavittreport.com/heathrow-celebrates-british-sporting-talent-with-t5-exhibition/

But the world's best airport, according to many awards, and many travellers, including myself, is Changi in Singapore. Every visit brings a new surprise, plus renewed admiration for the permanent aspects.

In April 2016, Changi Airport provided a photo opportunity where you could stand between giant wings, like the female model symbol on a Rolls Royce car.



The halls and carousels are decorated by seasonal displays.

In August 2016, Changi has small models of buildings illuminating by lights which change colour.




(More photos being added shortly. I've just learned how to link my foreign phone to my laptop to download the photos. I went onto the internet and asked. Up popped the answer. First you download the software to link the machines. Then I had to delete some photos from the camera. I had lots of duplicates where I took two in case somebody clinked their eyes or one picture was blurred.)
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, Singapore resident.

No comments: