Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Butterfly visits and quotations

After you've done your butterfly count, or if you count but don't see many varieties, you might like to take a butterfly visit or plan one.

Starting in London, there's the exhibition at the Natural History Museum.
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit/exhibitions/sensational-butterflies.html

Butterfly Farm in Stratford upon Avon, Warwickshire.


https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g186399-d219201-Reviews-Stratford_upon_Avon_Butterfly_Farm-Stratford_upon_Avon_Warwickshire_England.html

A few butterfly quotes for you to put at the top of your travel diary entry:

The butterfly effect.
Term coined by Edward Lorenz
Inspired the short story The Sound of Thunder by Roy Bradbury, published in 1952, about Time travel.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_effect

What is a butterfly garden without butterflies.
Roy Rogers, American

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Muhammad Ali, American boxer

I dreamed I was a butterfly. Then I woke.
I did not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man.
Zhuang

The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough.
Rabindranath Tagore

Love is like a butterfly which appears and delights us for one brief moment, but soon flits away.
Anna Pavlova, dancer

Love is like a butterfly.
Song by Dorothy Parton, American singer, songwriter, actress

There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it is going to become a butterfly.
R Buckminster Fuller

I am sorry if I flit about from visits to quotations. I just have a butterfly mind!

For quotations online I recommend brainy quote.com
For books on quotations, my books:
Quick Quotations
Who Said What When?
See Lulu.com Angela Lansbury

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: