Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Sunny Summer Motorway Poem, Rain Joke and Recording With Siri

Yesterday was the most wonderful sunny day in England, an idyllic summer day. As I drove along the motorway to the Writer's Summer School in Drbyshire, I was so happy that I composed a poem.

Summer Day Forever
by Angela Lansbury

Why is the sky so blue, blue, blue!
Why are the trees so green, green, green!
Why are the clouds so white, white, white!
It must be the sun which shines so bright.

I can't recall last year at all,
Last month, last week, or even last night
All I can see is the perfect view
Lit up by the sun so bright.

Why am I so glad to be me, me, me?
Why am I so glad to see you, you, you?
Even one day when we're far away
Where it rains all night and rains all day

We will recall the sky so blue
Where all the trees are green, green green
Where all the clouds are white, white, white
Lit by the perfect sun which shines so bright.

Copyright Angela Lansbury, August 2016

At the Writer's Summer School the opening evening after dinner speech by John Lamont included a joke about Scottish rain. A little boy was asked if it always rains. He replied, "I don't now. I'm only six."

You could tell the same joke about England, or Singapore.

But if you want to be happy and imagine a summer scene, close your eyes and recall my poem.

I wish I had set up my camera or mobile phone on the dashboard to take that view. It would be good to have a hands free device to take a photo o the Severn Bridge as you cross it from England into Wales. It would be great to take photos of sunsets and sun lit scenes. Also famous landmarks and historic buildings.

It would also be good to record a poem. I was able to memorise mine, but it is so handy to do recordings. If you need help with Siri, the apple mobile's voice recognition, you can give it instructions such as phone my spouse, child, boss. Or make a note: ...


Angela Lansbury, travel writer, photographer, author, speaker.



No comments: