Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Sunday, July 23, 2023

B & K salt beef bars, Edgware, Hatch End and Potters Bar


Salt beef sandwich with egg and thin latka. Hatch End branch of B & K. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.




Chocolate cake. B & K. Photo by Angela Lansbury.

Chocolates with the bill. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.


 A family favourite. When he was single, my son used to go there, to the Hatch End branch, once a week and buy half a dozen sandwiches for lunch each day. 

After my mother's funeral, we stopped there for a filling, comforting meal with my widowed father on the way home. That was way back in the year 2000. So we have been patronising their restaurants for more than 23 years. They know us. We know them.

I was so pleased when my beloved son phoned and said, "Are you free tomorrow? We thought we'd eat at B & K. I wish they would open in Mill Hill." 

So we recently went back to Hatch End

The parents of the B & K family run the Edgware branch. One of the next generation runs the Hatch End branch. He told us they'd just opened a branch in Potters Bar. They have run out of family members to run it so it's a bit like a franchise. Other people are running it, with food supplied by the B & K family.

What's new on the menu at B & K in Hatch End?

I tried the salt beef sandwich with egg and thin latke. I didn't need the egg. I was already overdosed on calories. We had chips to start to keep the granchild busy whilst waiting.

The latke gets lost inside the big sandwich. Next time I'll  save calories by not having the egg and instead go back to the original salt beef sandwich with a separate, proper, big potato latke.

My two year old grand-daughter cannot yet speak, but she pointed to the chocolate cake and with a lot of pointing and asking and nodding it was clear that was what she wanted. It was very good. With a modest extra payment of one pound for vanilla ice cream we had enough to end the meal for all four of us. 

Useful Websites

B& K

https://www.bksaltbeefbar.com/

Edgware

Hatch End

Potters Bar

Please share links to your favurite blog posts with your friends.

No comments: