Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, July 24, 2023

Which Dessert to Take Away (take out) from B & K Salt Beef Bar? Lokshen pudding! Or chocolate cake?

 

Lokshen pudding to take home. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

This is what I dream of when I am outside the UK. Lokshen pudding. Made with lokshen (noodles), sultanas (seedless dried grapes from the Greek island of Sultana) and a hint of lemon. I asked for the slice to be cut into three, because it is very filling.

However, the chocolate cake with soft oozing chocolate on top was so good, that I might have that instead, or in addition. 

I also had wrapped up the leftover cod goujons.


Cod goujon from B & K. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

I wondered what the difference was between salt beef and corned beef. Now I know. Corned beef is minced up. it comes in tins, instead of fresh, so no wonder it is not half as nice as salt beef. Finally, the nasty sounding nitrates, which stop the meat going bad, are what keeps the salt beef nice and red, whilst the corned beef is a horrid grey. (That is the British spelling, not a mistake. Americans use the spelling gray.) Give me salt beef any time. Plus lokshen pudding. And some chocolate cake. From B & K.

Useful Website

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corned_beef

See previous posts on B & K.trip

https://www.bksaltbeefbar.com/contactPlease share links to your favourite posts.

No comments: