Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, July 10, 2023

Records Of Your Travel Route, Hotel, Attractions, Friends, Business Contacts, expenses, how and where to keep records

I have started to keep a travel and holiday record in Excel.

You have to remember to save your typing in Excel. 

The boxes are small to type in. You can expand a whole row.

Diary and Photo dates

I am going back and updating my diary, where I have photos in my mobile phone camera Gallery and can work out the dates. For example, photos taken the day that I checked into a particular hotel in a particular city.

 How do you keep a record of your journey? Does it matter? 

I wish I had recorded the date of the day as well as the month and year on saved restaurant business cards and sugar packets.

Star Rating

I need to start rating each place out of five stars. I sometimes photograph the stars given to the restaurant, if I agree with a good rating.

Names

I start with a photo of the name of the hotel, restaurant, museum or city. The billboard outside. An address card. A menu with the restaurant name. Then I take the photo or entry ticket with price, or the restaurant men. Then myself, food, a waiter or waitress or member of staff.  Anything typical. Anything unusual. 

Coins

Other points of reference are parts of your body or a coin to show size. The coin also tells you the country. 

A complete record of my Albania trip - I shall gradually update this

Country Albania, Year 2023, Month June

Airport arrival (Capital city Tirana) Meme Teresa (mother Teresa )5

My husband ais very organixed. 

At the baack of his diary is a list of business clients. 

Climbs are in a sheet in Excel. 

To find a restaurant, he says, 'I look on the web,' he says. 'they might be in my browsing history'.

I search my photos. Unfortunately gmail filled up. I am now going though videos and deleting all the good morning and happy monday and thank you and happy xmas, and happy diwali. It's a shame. I might want those for next year.

A huge documents is called doc then travel, within it every trip, about includign boarding passes and maps. Separately is images and inside that photos from every trip, arranged by year, month, day. 2023.07 01 would be at the bottom and be the most recent. The same apllies to the docuent folder aunder travel in yymm-dd so that they sort.


I use the same folders for formatting in email. There is one for every trip. The most recent is the nex trips flight. 

The folder in email and disc in images includes the date for 10 of jun. The email folder addes the name. Sub folders include the airline, the car rental. the hotel a, b and C, travel insurance, airport parking.

Hotel Theth


Tirana


Dhermi Beach

La Brisa Hotel.


I save receipts from restaurants. That gives me the address. The list of food might tally with the photos and my memory. But if we stop for a coffee twice a day for the driver, the item coffee on a bill is not enough to identify the restaurant.

Useful Websites

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Multipurpose-Record-Book-Day-Day/

https://everydayoldhouse.com/quick-easy-ways-to-organize-user-manuals/



No comments: