Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, June 2, 2014

Korean Tours - Ginseng, Amethyst, thank you, so kind


I took a guided tour in a minibus to see the city including a ginseng tour. I want to visit the jewellery store selling amethyst. So I took another tour the next day.

We stop unscheduled at the ginseng tour. I don't want to get out. I tell the guide, "I saw this yesterday."

He says, "But the (Chinese or Japanese tourist) has asked to see the ginseng factory instead."

I say, "I took the tour yesterday and they said there was no time for the amethyst factory because we took so long at the ginseng factory. So I booked this tour specifically to see the amethyst factory to buy amethyst. If I can't do that, I want my money back.

The guide chases off and brings back the other tourist who is smiling and bowing apologetically. The guide tells me that they other tourist is happy to see either factory, both factories or neither, equally happy with either, just said, 'Can see that as we passed the Ginseng factory pointed out on the tour', guide keen to oblige said yes, but tourist is equally happy to see amethyst factory, 'so sorry'.

All happy all around. I say, 'I am so sorry,' to call him back, 'thanks so much,' to guide, 'so kind for trying to please everybody'.

I am getting the hang of this now. Never say no. Always say please. Always say thank you. Always end up with everybody happy.

No comments: