Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, October 12, 2015

Chocolate Week, UK: black chocolate and white teeth

It's national Chocolate Week, in the UK. Lots of events in London. Either turn up or read about them on line. You can find more if you are registered with Meetup as interested in chocolate.

 I'm attending an event which I shall write up this week, so follow my blog if you want more news. Isn't every week, every day, chocolate week for some people.

Checking Teeth
What about your teeth? Take a look at your teeth. Use a shaving mirror in your home or hotel bathroom, or a freestanding magnifying mirror (I bought one in a Japanese everything cheap shop in Singapore). You can also buy disclosing tablet.

Cleaning Teeth
I rinse my teeth with water after every course of every meal, and every snack. i was due to visit the dental hygienist. I used tooth whitening kit bought at great expense from my dentist and I found that the whitening (read the label), maybe some kind of milk bleach in a gel, not only whitened my teeth but seemed to remove the built up plaque which had made my teeth feel rough to my tongue.

Now I'm careful to clean my teeth with water or milk or soya milk and rinsing with water after curry and casserole and drinking coffee and drinking or eating chocolate.My travel kit, whether out for lunch, the whole day, the evening, or a three month trip, includes toothbrush and toolset and dental floss and toothpicks.

I'm looking for a bottle of water to take with me this week to rinse my mouth after eating the chocolate.

Travellers and hikers from the UK stock up with Kendal mint cake, which is a dark chocolate covered white mint flavour solid filling.

I used to like fruit and nut chocolate because I thought it was not just sugar but also fruit continuing vitamin C and nuts containing protein. Now I see Waitrose supermarket weekly newspaper (free from any branch of Waitrose) is promoting a chocolate containing almonds.

http://www.meetup.com/chocolatewalks/events/225923122/
http://www.chocolateweek.co.uk




Cadbury's chocolate tea pot in their shop, must book the popular tours

See my earlier posts on factory tours including Wales and Switzerland, some like Apprise in big factories, others like the one in York, England, in city centre shops.

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer.

No comments: