Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Good news - Crossrail Heathrow to ExCel by 2019 from Paddington about 20 mins?.



Cross rail I had ignored, too long ahead, until somebody told me that the new line w be going to Excel.

I just filled in a questionnaire on the site to get emailed updates.

My questions
1 TRAVEL
Please put me on your press list. I am interested in anything I can use in my blog about new station opening especially from Heathrow to any part of the line. The first station to open. Step free travel. Moving luggage easily.

2 SAFETY
What happens in a fire or terrorist attack? Safety training of personnel. First aid room? CPR training of staff? Fire escapes and safety - places of refuge, quick exit, nearby hospital, multi-language signs and announcements.

Victorian safety rules sometimes say no flight of stairs greater than some number before you have a turn, to prevent children and the elderly or ill falling long distances, or creating a domino crush.

2 CONSUMER INTEREST SHOPPING & HISTORY
Nearby restaurants and museums now more accessible. Station and nearby architecture, art, art deco.  Statues and plaques to famous people and events in the area especially if honoured on the station, or nearby. (Sherlock Holmes, Kindertransport, Dickens, etc, artists and writers)

Offers by local traders to celebrate opening eg 10% off all restaurants in vicinity). Press preview.

My computer jammed so I started a new post with more details and the link. See next post for more details.

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer.

No comments: