Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, December 11, 2015

Christmas Foods Around The World: for shopping trolley travellers

What you will eat at homes and restaurants and hotels over Christmas, or can buy in supermarkets now, for the shopping trolley traveller:

England/UK Great Britain and N Ireland:
Christmas cake


Christmas pudding
Mince pies



Scotland
Dundee Cake

France
Buche Noel

Italy
Pannetone
In England we have one with chocolate chips. As you can see the regular variety was more popular and sold first.
















Spain
Three kings cake

Germany/Switzerland


S t o l l e n
Stollen is a cake in a roll shape, with rounded ends, sultanas and/or candied peel, and a roll of marzipan down the centre. In a previous year we bought a DIY stollen with the ingredients and rice in a pack. We have also made our own. It is very calorific. I love marzipan.



More pictures are in my previous posts.

You can also see me and my profile on Facebook, like me on Facebook. Follow me on Facebook and here. Link to me on LinkedIn.  You can watch me talking about restaurant etiquette on YouTube. I have profiles and several books on Amazon and Lulu.com . Buy books for yourself and your family. Meet me and get books signed at writers' events or Toastmasters International Speakers' meetings. If I am not at your nearest group, invite me to a meeting to speak. I have a speech about Christmas, Harvest festivals (wine and food); and New Years (Chinese, Christian, Jewish, Muslim,) Around England and Around the world.

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

No comments: