Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Safety for travellers

I am surprised that a first aid kit is not mandatory for new cars and to be carried in the car boot and better still a duplicate in the glove box. Trapped in a car after another car hit mine so it rocketed off the barrier, I might have needed first aid.

An article in today's newspaper shows an expanding sponge with an impregnating clotting material which can be injected into a large wound to seal it for four hours, and the compacted sponge can be removed.

Several commentators say that a tampon is similar, and that anti-clotting materials can be bought in chemists (USA drug stores) or online.

I saw the mention of a brand name and did a search online. I found two brands KwikClot and WoundSeal.

First Aid Kits
When I went to buy first aid kits for my kitchen and car, I was disappointed to find that they did not contain
1 Burn relief cream .
2 Elastoplast (UK brand name - elastic and waterproof plaster).
3 Sting relief.
4 Insect repellent - to that if you are stung once you can protect yourself and stop the same insect again or others in a swarm.


The cost of protecting yourself can save a lot of time and money over minor injuries and stop them progressing into more painful and costly major ones.

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author, speaker
Follow me on Facebook, like my posts, link to me on linkedIn, pass on me message.
PS I never send anybody a message or pass on an entire message in case there is a virus in the attachment. I simply give somebody a link so they can choose whether to follow it themselves.

No comments: