Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Monday, December 7, 2015

Harrow Arts Centre - Possible future redevelopment by Cultura

C u l t u r a Outside Morrisons. Sandra Bruce-Gordon, Chief Executive, on right. 
Photo by Angela Lansbury.
(The spaces in the name are to defeat spell check which wants to turn the word into culture.

These two jolly ladies were outside Morrisons in Hatch End. If you stopped you could take a chocolate, or two, a sticker, a brochure, listen to the plans, and ask questions. 


The middle document is the proposal for the redevelopment of the site.

These are stickers you can take.



www.culturalondon.uk
To pledge a donation call 0208 938 3720.
My first thought was: hurray - they have lottery money. But why are they spending so much on lawyers and infrastructure? 

My second thought was, oh, so they don't want to tell me. They want my money. Will they take my money even if the plan falls through? 

My third thought was, why should I spend on this. Harrow Council should be looking after our community. 

However, my last thought was: just a minute, everybody spends loads in a year or a month or a week on activities at Harrow Arts Centre, or elsewhere. How much do you spend on gyms, cinemas, theatres, meetings? Wouldn't you like more nearby? Isn't it time we all put some money back into supporting our arts centre?

Angela



No comments: