Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Saturday, December 5, 2015

The Beatles story update: London and Liverpool from London tours, walking

I was just thinking, nice to visit the new statue in Liverpool if you are already there. But most UK residents and overseas visitors to the UK would start in London.

Then I found
a) You can do a two hour walking tour of Beatles London
b) You can book a 14 hour trip from London to Liverpool, which includes the train ticket and entry to The Beatles Story.
Everything organised for you.

See my previous post for more details about Liverpool and the Beatles.
http://www.goldentours.com/beatles-london-tours

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g186338-d2277766-r136211630-Golden_Tours_Hop_on_Hop_off_Plus-London_England.html

For the website of The Beatles Story in Liverpool go to

http://www.beatlesstory.com

If you are short of time then you go straight to an inclusive package and if you can afford it you book it.

If you are planning well ahead or don't yet have any firm plans to go, you might research all your options.

Therefore then I went to research which station from London to Liverpool.
You would think that the first thing which would come up would be the rail company but up comes a cheapest fare site, which must have more people clicking on it and be more popular in the website rankings.
https://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/combinedmatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable#Journey/LONDON/LIVERPOOL/05/12/15/11/00/Leave%20After//////Leave%20After/1/0//

Before you get any information you have to tell them where you are leaving from and going to. From London stations, since I didn't know the nearest, I just picked any. Great. It's Euston, the station I know well.  But the options in Liverpool are about five different stations. (That is why you either go with a pre-booked package or need time to make all the selections.)
From London you can go Liverpool to Lime Street.

At this point, I suddenly get worried. What if this is a site not approved and they will be grabbing my money from, who knows. I am reassured by the signs for paypal. I can also research the company under scams. I can research on TripAdvisor. I can compare prices myself.

I have a checklist of interesting places to see and people to research. For example: Cilla Black.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3347179/Horror-Cilla-Black-s-family-ghouls-trash-memorial-steal-brass-plaque-marking-buried.htm

Happy travelling. (It's been a hard day's night!)
For ideas on what to wear and buy for walking, see my next post

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and author

No comments: