Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, December 6, 2018

A mask for a speech or fancy dress new year's eve party! - and a diary for the New Year

Problem
I am not keen on masks. However, the gold and black mask worn by my new friend Faith was a stunner. She bought hers from Daiso, the bargain price Japanese shop, in Singapore.

She also said that my workshop on using props to spice up an impromptu speech had been a lesson she learned.

I was stunned by the drama and improvement in her speech with the addition of the mask, which she wore to start the speech. She even had a second pink mask under the more dramatic black and gold one.

Daiso Branches
You can find one branch of the handy Daiso in Ion, the centre of Singapore,a multi-story shopping complex adjoining Orchard Road MRT (Mass Transit underground train system).

Daiso has several more branches in Singapore and back in Japan and elsewhere in Asia.

Their goods are mostly good, mostly bargains, occasionally overpriced or same price or no good. I had a zip set with stuck zips and another set punched out of plastic which dropped circles of plastic everywhere. I thought they were teeny bugs and spent hours vacuuming. I carried i around for weeks but never returned it.

Secret Santa
They are also handy for a Secret Santa, or what Faith did, early Christmas at a meeting, a Christmas gift box. She generously brought a box of assorted gifts and let everybody (about a dozen or us) choose one.

Daiso Diary
I chose the Daiso diary. I would not have bought it, because I would have been looking for a diary with more space and lines. but as a free gift and a duplicate (one at home one in the handbag I thought it was good.

Daiso branches include: City Square Mall, Ion, IMM, Novena, Plaza Singapora, Tampines

Angela Lansbury

No comments: