Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Thursday, December 27, 2018

How To Translate Words For Clothes When Shopping Using your hotel's Laundry list

I was in a shop in Hanoi trying to find the words for different types of clothes in a hurry. The assistant was not going to wait whilst I typed them all into goggle translate. (I should have done this before leaving home for the holiday.)
However, I looked at the hotel laundry list and tried to find some simple, memorable words. I did not see any. However, it suddenly struck me that I could take the laundry list with me. Better than destroying the hotel's laundry list, and having yet another piece of paper at the bottom of my bag, I could photo graph the laundry list with my camera.

 

They do seem to have the same word for pyjamas and sports shoes. Makes you wonder. However, it is a start. It would work well in other countries such as translating the English and Spanish where once you see the word translated you can easily identify it and remember it.


We flew (at our own expense) on VietJetair, a budget airline, about which more in other posts.
More details on the Sunline Paon, Japanese run hotel, in other posts.

Travel Tips
For hotels
booking.com
For airlines
travelok.com
vietJetair.com

Author
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. Please share links to your favourite posts.


No comments: