Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Father's Day UK - 21st June 2015

What do Dad's like to eat on Father's Day? Steaks? This year, 2015, Father's Day in the UK is 21st June, according to the email I just received from Miller and Carter. With one of the fathers in my extended family having a birthday in June, I'm hoping for some special offers.

The Ruislip branch has sent me the offer of a complimentary drink. They also have a great pun, the Daddy of all steaks.

Father's Day is Sunday 21st of June. But the offer is also valid on Saturday 20th. Why would anybody celebrate Father's Day on Saturday instead? Because you might be busy working on Sunday. Or in church. Or playing a sporting event, or judging it as a referee. Or the restaurant might be fully booked on Sunday. Or two different people, such as children living in different parts of the country, might wish to invite their father, or both father and step-father or fathers-in-law in different areas to lunch or dinner.

Angela Lansbury - travel writer, author and speaker. Also see Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn.
If you like my posts, please read them regularly and like my pages or follow me or forward links to my posts to your friends.

No comments: