Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Update on Eating Mangoes Dropped From A Tree

My family have risked their lives eating a mango dropped from a tree onto a pavement. (NB, being English, when I say pavement I mean what Americans call a sidewalk, the area for pedestrians.)

The Mango was half missing already. So did it have worms inside it?

Two members of my family risked everything by eating it. I did warn them, "If you eat half eaten fruit, you will get worms and drop dead, or vice versa."

Unfortunately I only muttered it to myself.  I'm generally considered something of a spoilsport. I call it cautious.

One person picked up the mango and washed it and cut it up, and ate half of the remainder,  and washed it. They said it tasted delicious but was a bit tough and stringy.

Other Singaporean residents say many local fruits have to be picked when green and ripened in the house.

One person has gone to lie down. This could be too much drink (alcohol), or not enough water (dehydration), or getting old, or the dreaded mango.

Maybe I can write a song:
Ten Singaporeans sitting on a bus
Ten Singaporeans sitting on a bus
One fell off, but didn't make a fuss
Nine Singaporeans sitting on a bus.

How about
Ten Singaporeans waiting for a bus
One had missed dinner, but didn't make a fuss
He picked a found mango, it happens all the time
From the ground by the bus stop - then there were nine.

No comments: