Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Labels

Friday, May 22, 2015

Lost Phone - Physical and Mental Remedies

If your phone is lost or stolen, you may be able to go back to your previous phone if you still have it. You can keep the old phone number and still use your old phone as a camera. You can even receive emails through wifi.

To use your old phone for phone calls and texts you will need to contact your service provider. They then send you a new SIM card. What if you can't remember the model of your old phone? (Eg you are phoning from your office or overseas, or won't get home until their lines close or past your bedtime?) They can send you a Sim card to fit more than one model.

When you receive the card it has two sets of guidelines and 'perforations'. You just have to be careful to click out the correct place to get right size of Sim card. Then insert it.

Meanwhile, if you have your old phone, carry on emailing from wifi hotspots and using your handphone camera.

Mental Effects of Loss
Immediately after losing my phone, I didn't even want to take photos using somebody else's camera. I felt that somehow I was incompetent, out of luck, being told by fate or the universe not to make phone calls nor take photos.

A phone on a contract may be replaced by the company which wants you to continue with your monthly contract. If you have bought your own phone, it may be covered by household insurance.

What about trying to counter the psychological effects? It's quite depressing losing your phone. On the other hand, you are simply back where you were about two years ago on your old phone.

Think of it as a learning experience. It's only a phone, I tell myself. It's only money.

I try to remember the sign I saw outside a church when I was at primary school. The sign said: I used to complain because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet.

In the street I passed a blind person with a white cane being helped by two friends. I have lost a phone. But I have an old phone with a camera. I can see.

Have a lovely day. I hope my hints about dealing with loss have helped you.

Angela Lansbury
Travel writer

No comments: